Here I’m documenting the issues occurred during the Sitecore 9 Habitat installation.
- Check out Feature/V9. clone the GIT Repository and checkout Feature/V9. Because this branch only has installable and folders required for SC9
- Follow the instructions as per the below URL, change the folders as per the below
- Inside settings.ps1. Make sure to update your Sitecore version and Solr Folder. update the other settings as per your local environment.
- After Configuring everything, During executing Install.ps1 if you’re getting the below Error ,
Error: Get-LocalGroupMember : Principal IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool was not found
then comment the following lines(82 to 89) then execute the Powershell script.
- Install Node.js Software, If you’re not installed already, otherwise you will get the below error. https://nodejs.org/en/
Error:’npm’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
After installing node.js. execute the command as per the Getting started instructions. then it will take around 15 minute to complete the Building,Restoring Packages ,Unicorn Sync and Publish.
- You can either execute the gulp command through CMD Prompt or in visual studio 2017.
- After the Gulp execution, you can visit the habitat website(http://habitat.dev.local/) and verify its working.